(706) 731 - 5260 ext. 2347
Office Hours: 9:00AM-3:00PM
Office Days: Mon., Wed., Fri.
"The word of God teaches the people of God to love the Lord with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. My heart for students is to foster this same holistic approach toward all of life and to see them grow and develop as complete individuals made in the image of God. I have always felt a sense of calling to serve and minister to students and am truly excited to promote the social, 情感和精神上的健康. "
LS Counselor & 学术支持协调员
(706) 731 - 5260 ext. 2204
Office Hours: 9:00AM-4:00PM
Office Days: Mon., Wed., Fri.
B.S.乔治亚州大学 & 州立大学
M.S.北乔治亚学院 & 州立大学
"My passion is to see students grow by helping them identify and appreciate their strengths, 承认并克服他们的弱点, and discover and embrace who they are while teaching them to become advocates for themselves. I am thrilled to be a part of the Lower School family and honored to play a role in starting a counseling program for the Westminster community."
"Be careful what you think, because your thoughts run your life" (Proverbs 4:23)
巴黎人官方网登录网址身体的应激反应是为了生存. It's hardwiring that activates the fight or flight response when there is danger and we need to assess the surroundings and make our plan to survive. Right now, 考虑到当前的气候, our minds are having to process new information and assess if this is something threatening our need to survive. 这每次都会激活压力反应! 难怪现在很难放松. 巴黎人官方网登录网址如何处理不确定性和真正未知的事物?
1. Pray, read, and stay focused that God is the energy, the energizing force behind everything! No moment, event, pandemic, decision or detail falls outside His supervision. Col. 1:17.
2. 练习感恩! 你们要靠主常常喜乐! 不仅仅是在生活正常的时候! 感恩是最大的美德. 上帝对焦虑和不确定的治疗是感恩! Gratitude is a mindful awareness of the benefits of this life God has created for you.
2. Stay Present. This is the BEST time to practice mindfulness techniques (bring your brain back into TODAY….不是明天，不是5天或一个月后...TODAY)
3. 拥抱不确定性. You don’t have to like it, but embrace that things are uncertain and you will take it day by day
4. 健康的干扰. Just because things are uncertain doesn’t mean you can’t live a meaningful life RIGHT NOW. Begin to brainstorm how you want your life to look during this school year in a pandemic. Ask God specifically to lead you, show you, help you during these times of uncertainty and fear
We strive to empower all students to reach their maximum potential by using a comprehensive program that addresses academic, personal/social, 和精神目标. We strive to promote an environment to encourage personal assessment and growth, 社会责任, 和心灵成长. We believe that every student can succeed through the collaborative efforts of school, home, and community. 巴黎人官方网登录网址努力成为基督徒家园的延伸.
- 培养积极的自我形象是学校的共同努力, home, and community which leads to being a responsible and productive member of society.
- A comprehensive, developmental school counseling program is both a support service and an integral part of the total education experience.
- A developmentally-appropriate school counseling program provides important benefits to individual students by addressing their spiritual, intellectual, emotional, social, physical, 和心理需求.
作为学校辅导员, we strive to work with all students and encourage a safe school climate of trust and respect. We are able to meet with students in an individual or small group setting that involves short term, brief, 并着重于解决方案的咨询. Our goal is to help students who are struggling to make positive behavior choices. 巴黎人官方网登录网址希望与家长合作, guardians, teachers, support staff, and administration all with the common purpose of doing what is in the best interest of the student. As counselors, we maintain the confidentiality of students and their families unless there is a need to know or safety concern. Additionally, we would like to provide the Westminster community with educational information about students’ social-emotional needs. 但巴黎人官方网登录网址不提供长期的个人咨询, we can provide referrals and help connect families with outside resources. 辅导员不协助纪律处分, 告诉老师如何教学, 或者父母如何养育孩子. However, we would love to come alongside you and be a part of your team to help your student navigate situations that may arise so that they may flourish.
Andi Strong & Caitlin Vinson
We are dedicated to helping guide students and parents through a variety of situations. Please see the below resources for information on anxiety, vaping, bullying, and grieving.
|Grieving/Loss||Mental Health||Family & Divorce|
家长教育 was created to compile a variety of great parenting resources and tips to help overcome obstacles as children grow through different stages. 请看下面的听力和阅读资源.
|Parent Book Club|
Jessica Minahan的《巴黎人官方网登录网址》 & Nancy Rappaport
快速倾听-摩根·李 & Mark Galli